Monday, May 30, 2011

What if the world were powered by Steam?

This is the premise of steampunk. If you've never looked into it...google it! Steampunk is this strange combination of old west and modern cyborg wrapped together with a small bit of shabby chic. There is an entire subculture out there of steampunk.
Graphic 45 designed this lovely steampunk paper that I just had to have. One of my many acquisitions from the Mega meet. I adore it and I had a blast making this page.  This picture is about 6 years old. Nathan and I went on marriage revival vacation to Mackinaw and Tahquamenon and I am STILL scrapping those pictures. I wanted this one to be special because we don't have a lot of he and I together.






 For my birthday/mother's day/National Scrapbooking month;) I got a big shot die cutter along with the hardware findings and gears. I'm aging everything I do now! I love rusty hinges and rusty gears all over my pages. 



 The girl with the wings was so intriguing. She was in the center of this giant page and you just didn't want to cover her up...so I cut her out instead! She added a gorgeous element to my page that I otherwise would not have been able to achieve. I also used one of my gears as a mask for my sprays to just add a little something. The crown is a sticker from a Swirlydoos kit that was actually black and white. My new motto? Just add spray.


 Here is close up of the gears. I used layers and layers of foam to  create a multi-dimensional accent.



The bird is sprayed with mist as well as the roses. The roses are a piece of material purchased from Monamigabby.com  They come in different colors but I bought white so I could customize mine. (DUH!) The '06 stands for the year and the 4 inside the key represents the number of kids at that time. Silly, I know.


 The best part about this paper pack is all the different paper elements that were there to cut and layer all over the page. There are little bits peeking out here and there all over the page. These are the most fun to create.

 Here is a closeup of the bird cage. One of my most favoritest toys. If you look close you can see a blackbird on the girl's arm which is inside the cage. 


 These are some of my rosettes made with the scraps of silk from my belly dance teacher. They are ending up on almost every page I do now! I love these. 


Here's a closeup of the fussy cutting and also some little elements peeking out from behind her. 

I can't wait to do another page with this paper pack. This was just so much fun.   Happy memorial day everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. So much to look at! The photo is beautiful! I love how you incorporated the number of kids into it... so much great detail. You really have the hang of aging your chipboard embellies! Great job!

    ReplyDelete