Saturday, February 23, 2013

I MADE IT TO THE FINALS!!!!

That's right! I'm in week 6!! This is it!! I could be the lucky winner of the $400 prize pack over at Swirlydoos.com!!!!  

For our last challenge we had to combine 3 of the 5 challenges that we were posed with over the last month and a half. We HAD to use week 3...the layered background and week 2, paper layering, plus one of our choice. I chose the foil tape. I did use a 12 x 12 canvas because I have been dying to try a crayon melting technique. Aubrey Sue was so sweet to help me pick through her broken crayon bits and peel them one by one. Then we arranged them on the canvas and hot glued them down.  Next came the fun part....melting. It was so freeing and just a hoot to do. I LOVE how the wax got so thin at the top that you could actually see some of the patterned paper through the wax. 





Here is a close up of my clustering. You can see the damask and striped papers that I layered underneath. I used the little orange flowers to tie in some of the color without being overwhelmingly busy.




Here you can see the wax drippings over the black and white paper. I just loved that!  I don't have any bead gel and thought that beads would look great so I added some seed beads to some gel medium and spread them on with an art spatula.


Here is a closeup of the clustering on the other side.





I used some of these really old stickers and titled my piece "Delight in Little Fall Family Adventures" because these photos were all taken while on a hay ride this last fall. 


Well, wish me luck and check back next week to see if I won!!!
TFL,
Andiepants

1 comment:

  1. I love this colorful cool creation! OUTSTANDING artsy yumminess - GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete