Friday, February 1, 2013

Swirlydoos Designer Challenge Week 3

Things are moving fast over at Swirlydoos.com for their Ultimate Design challenge. We are nearing the end of week 3 which means we are halfway through already! 

This week Miranda decided to challenge us with using foil tape. Um HELL-UR? Did anyone see my submission for week 1? PPPFFFSSSTTT...I got this;)


The panel I designed was so large and I really liked all the surface area so instead of cutting it down to a tag I decided to cover a dollar store notebook with it. P.S. I LOVE Alice in Wonderland.  And if you are wondering where I got those fab tags my stamping is on...they are Prima packaging. Yes...packaging. 


 Here is a close up of the background made with the foil tape. I used various colors of alcohol ink and then topped them with the pearl mixative. I sanded to allow the metal to show through on the raised areas and then edged the whole thing with black Staz-On. 

I really loved the idea of contrasting the harsh metal with the soft layers of lace and trim. So pretty.  

The flower showing the hint of pink was made using the Spellbinders rose creations. I used a tutorial from over at swirlydoos.com...coventry rose. Check it out...Pascale is fantastic with handmade flowers. The pen nib says "journal" and the sentiment reads "Why sometimes I've believed as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast".

I really had a lot of fun making this. I can't wait for the next challenge on Monday. 

TFL,
Andiepants

1 comment: