Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Girl Named Maria

Heidi Kelly happened to have a challenge over at...you guessed it...Swirlydoos.com! We had to create a layout using the packaging from our embellishments INSTEAD of the embellishments. This was definitely a challenge but was so much fun. This time...instead of my kids I decided to scrap someone a little different...my sister.




The letters and numbers are the negative from a chippy set that I used as a mask. I used Lindy's Moonshadow mists in emerald. The clock, banners, flowers, and butterflies are Prima packaging. The leaves for the flowers are Petaloo packaging. This layout is completely inspired by Solange Marques. To me she is an absolute mixed media genius. I love her work so much...she's so inspiring!



 The pearls are done with perfect pearls on a piece of acetate from a package. Probably from some other  bling. 

 The green butterfly is a piece of Bo Bunny packaging that I colored with alcohol ink on the inside and rubbed with Stazon to highlight the embossed parts. The petals for the flowers were backing from Petaloo flowers. I freehand cut them and embossed with a stylus then rubbed with brown pigment ink to highlight the embossing.



Here is a closeup of the butterflies cut from the Prima and covered with Stickles. I layered 2 cardboard pieces with a piece of wax paper between them for dimension. The stamp in the upper left corner is repeated throughout the layout and is a Kaisercraft stamp.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful/magical creation Andie! Very artistic and creative! Love it! Mandy

    ReplyDelete