Friday, April 5, 2013

Challenge Accepted!!!

For the month of April I am hosting the swirly girl challenge over at Swirlydoos.com . This month the challenge is sloppy spring cleaning!

Personally I have kits from the past that have piled up. Kits that I LOVE but just did not have time to use. I began breaking apart my kits and dispersing their parts into my stash...but there were a few that I just could not bring myself to break apart. I loved their coordination SOOOO much that I just HAD to leave them as a kit and use their components together. 

In honor of spring cleaning I decided to start using those kits. First for my husband's birthday I decided to make him a layout instead of a card. I used the Sept 2012 kit: Inspiration from Swirlydoos.com 
I absolutely love the resist paper!! The background is created using TH Distress Stain in Barn Door, Lindy's Moonshadow Mist in Bucket O Blood, and TA glimmer mist in burnt red.

The card on the bottom reads "Your not so secret admirer" and is the card that he sent with the first flowers he ever gave me.


 There was so much Prima goodness in this kit it was unreal. I loved the little light bulbs too. Notice the little wooden piece reads "romantic"

 I HAD to use the little hanging baubles...I really just adored them. The leaves and swirls are Heartfelt Creations. 

This was to cover a mistake. The little black bits of bling are actually Pearl Pen in black. I got an air bubble in the pen that decided to erupt all over my page. I made the little tear away and used the Glitz bling to cover the sloppy boo boo.  


For the challenge over at Swirlydoos.com I used a kit from the fall of 2011 called Midnight Waltz. It was one of my favorite kits and I never even had a chance to bust it out until now.
Twists for this challenge are:

 to use chipboard/wood pieces...

 Use border punches...

 Use texture of some sort...bead gel...modeling paste...masking...paper tearing...etc

And of course to use a previous kit from Swirlydoos.com


I hope you enjoyed my spring cleaning creations. If you feel inspired pop on over to swirlydoos and join in the challenge. Winner will receive a RAK from yours truly.

TFL,
Andiepants

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome Idea to make your hubby a layout. And WHAT a Lo it is. It is soooo Beautiful Andie, with all these amazing details. I LOVE IT!!!!!
    Your challenge page is so awesome. Love the texture and again... so many details. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete