Friday, October 18, 2013

Mixed Media Layout

As my time on the Swirlydoos team winds to a close, the fall weather blows in to Michigan. Warm days mixed with cold morning, frost on the grass and car in the morning, a biting wind blowing through your ears, and gorgeous colors all over the trees and blowing to the ground. 

I had the honor of hosting a most welcomed house guest last weekend. Of course she was one of my swirly girlies and what would a swirly get together be without pictures. She took this gorgeous picture of my daughter and me walking down by the creek...and it was beautiful.


Of course I used the October Swirlydoos kit with those gorgeous papers by Bo Bunny. The chipboard is Dusty Attic and the banner is from the coordinating but outs through Bo Bunny. The flowers are by Prima and were not included in the kit but were a part of my stash. 





I started by printing the photo on transparency and blending the photo into the paper. I then used my Donna Downey stencil from eclectic Paperie and my Wendy Vecchi embossing paste to add the damask over the photo and blended area. The blue texture is Shimmerz 3D paint.




This gorgeous chipboard piece is treated with the Stampendous embossing enamel in aged black.








Here you can see the title I added with my Silhouette Cameo.



Hope you enjoyed this layout as much as I did making it. I hope it inspires you to go something messy;)

{{hugs}}
Andiepants



1 comment: