Monday, August 25, 2014

Big Scrappy Blog Hop

Welcome to the big scrappy blog hop!
We are joining up as a chain of fun blog hop tours where so many of us will get to meet new bloggers, get new inspiration and connect with blogs that will open up our creativity. This is sure to get your mojo going.

I have been nominated by my good friend and scrappy gal Rae Moses to be part of the big scrappy blog hop. Rae is currently the design team coordinator for Swirlydoos as well as a designer for Tresors De Luxe and Blue Fern studios. Her work is so over the top GORGEOUS and inspiring. Her style is so elegant, shabby, and romantic, it's easy to see why she designs for three such fabulous companies. I had the pleasure of serving a 6 month education team term with her over at swirlydoos a while back. 

1. What am I working on?
I am currently working on a page in my Louisiana art journal. Last week I did a therapeutic page documenting the trials and triumphs of moving 1700 miles from the only life I've ever known.

 I am halfway through a page documenting my GF's stay here in LA this last weekend. 

2. How does my work differ from others of it's genre?
I adore color! Bright bold colors speak to me! Although I tend to be drawn to the pale romance of shabby chic styles, when I craft its the bold and bright that speaks to my soul. 

3. Why do I create/Do what I do?
Well, for starters I do what I do for the eP design team! I love to try different products, techniques, new things, and love the have the challenge of trying to inspire others. I find that when I am immersed in my crafting that I tend to get new ideas and inspirations...my fingers will itch to touch paper, and ink, and fussy cut with scissors! I craft for therapy! When I am happy or frustrated or sad I will craft. Just a few hours in my room and the world seems to melt away. Before I know it hours have flown by and my heart is full and satisfied with my gluttony of craftiness.

4. How does my Creative process work?
I sit...and...stare! No seriously. If I am not necessarily inspired...if I've had a lot of time away from crafting, I will stare forever. I will place something...and stare some more. IT'S CRAZY!!! I don't really have a "creative process" so to speak. Now if I have a launching point, then it's a whole different ball game. For example, I wanted to use a doll stamp and make a dress of flowers and also wanted to layer lace as the background. Knowing those things I just starting slapping stuff together making sure I include the techniques I want. It's much more free that way than to plan everything out.

Here are a few of the ladies/blogs who inspire me:

Erin Smetak:
Erin is a previous fellow DT member at eP and another swirly girl. Erin is phenomenal with her free hand drawing and painting and makes the most wonderful canvases. She does what she likes and loves to experiment with different mediums.

Kim Heard:
Kim is another fellow swirly girl and HUGE source of inspiration. Kim's style is very elegant and romantic with lots of layers of mixed media within her layouts. She has grown into her own style in the last couple years and is another one who is never afraid to try new mediums allowing her style to ever grow and evolve.

Antonia Burrows:
Toni is a fellow EP design team member. She lives in the Uk and is yet another gal who LOVES to try new things. (you may notice a trend here). She is another lover of color and all things bold and takes crafting to a whole new level in my book. I find her work VERY inspiring and hope you do too.

{{hugs}}

Andiepants







1 comment:

  1. Such a great project! I love the textures on it!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete